Driving your business forward
DMH Stallard has a long history of supporting the manufacturing sector. Despite the economic upheavals of recent decades, Britain remains one of the world’s largest manufacturing economies, and we are proud to work with companies in sub-sectors as diverse as high value engineering, automotive, aerospace, chemical, electronics, food & drink, pharmaceutical, textiles and beyond. We work with world leading manufacturers including CAE Electronics, and Fender. As well as this we support world class SMEs such as Time 24.
Our expertise in manufacturing
For nearly six years DMH Stallard has recognised the importance of the manufacturing sector and uniquely amongst law firms has retained its own Strategic Advisor for the sector, David Seall. David leads on our relationships with the manufacturing experts with our other service partners such as banks, patent attorneys and accountants, to provide a holistic service to clients.
We have produced “thought leadership” reports on subjects such on topics including intellectual property, ethical trading, "Big Data", exporting and effective management of resources in this sector. Working with colleagues with expertise in the subject these reports were written following extensive research by us, interviewing manufacturing companies ranging from multinationals to SMEs. These reports additionally contain guides on best practice resulting from the experiences of the companies interviewed.
Many of our people have joined us from commercial roles in industry. This ensures that the legal advice we give you, is focussed on the pragmatic and commercial solutions manufacturers need as you seek to build commercial advantage and increase shareholder value. We encourage in-plant meetings with our manufacturing clients to gain close-up experience of the nuts and bolts of your business.
We continue to support clients with regular research, blogs and though-leadership initiatives designed to help the sector rise to the continued challenges which inevitably lie ahead. Our reports for manufacturers include:
- “Plan, Protect and Prosper” How Manufacturers Leverage IP to Create Value and Safeguard their Futures
- “Ethics and Compliance” How Manufacturers are Embracing the Challenge
- and Reducing their Risk
- “Secure your data- Protect your business” Practical solutions for the digital age of global communication and mass data exchange
- “Venturing Abroad” Practical advice on getting into new markets overseas
- “Maximising cash and maintaining working capital in the Business”
Our services for manufacturing sector clients
Our services in support of the manufacturing sector includes:
- Corporate support: including selling a business, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions
- Banking and finance: including re-financing, equity release and debt collection
- Company & commercial: including commercial alliance, regulation and health & safety
- Employment: including Trade Union work
- Real estate: including factory extensions and planning consent, environmental and utilities
- Dispute resolution: including litigation, arbitration and expert determination
- Intellectual Property and IT Law: including “Big Data”, data protection, designs, patents and trade marks, “3d printing” infringement, protecting processes and confidential trade secrets